In our interconnected times, where information travels all around the globe within milliseconds, one may assume that humans should already know almost everything. Even more refreshing, when there are actually still amazing facts that are still unknown.
In this picture series, astonishing facts that probably were not on your radar are presented. After all, who know that the Oxford University is older than the Aztec Empire or that Shakespeare made up the name “Jessica” for his play Merchant of Venice?
If you want more amazing material, be sure to check out our popular posts: “Do This Amazing & Quick Test and Find Out If You Are Part Of The 98%? It Will Blow Your Mind!“, “20 Amazing Animations Demonstrating How Your Favourite Stuff Is Made – #9 Will Blow Your Mind!” and “30 Amazingly Weird & Funny Optical Illusions“.
Which fact was unknown to you? Which fact is the most amazing one? Is there any fact missing in your opinion? Leave a comment below! We are looking forward to your input…
1. Russia has a larger surface area than Pluto
2. Oxford University is older than the Aztec Empire
3. France was still executing people by guillotine when Star Wars: A New Hope hit theatres
4. Nintendo was originally a trading card company
5. If the sun were the size of a white blood cell then the Milky Way Galaxy would be the size of the United States
6. There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach in the world
7. For every human on Earth there are 1.6 million ants
8. The total weight of all those ants, however, is about the same as all the humans
9. On Jupiter and Saturn it rains diamonds
10. Ten percent of all the photos ever taken were taken in the last 12 months
11. Shakespeare made up the name “Jessica” for his play Merchant of Venice
12. Your chances of being kllled by a vending machine are actually twice as large as your chance of being bitten by a shark
13. Nowhere in the Humpty Dumpty Nursery Rhyme does it say that Humpty Dumpty is an egg
14. Armadillos almost always give birth to quadruplets
15. Scotland’s national animal is the unicorn
16. Apparently there are more fake flamingos in the world than real flamingos
17. John Tyler, the 10th president of the US, was born in 1790. He has a grandson that is alive today.
18. A strawberry is NOT a berry
19. A banana IS a berry.
20. There is enough water in Lake Superior to cover all of North and South America in one foot of liquid
21. An octopus has three hearts
22. There are 10 times more bacteria in your body than actual body cells
23. There is only one country between North Korea and Norway
24. New York City is farther south than Rome, Italy
25. Maine is the closest US state to Africa