The kingdom of animals is multifaceted, exciting and interesting. It is a world, which is full of mysteries and surprises as this post will prove. Be ready to be amazed and awed by the mind-blowing animal facts presented below!
It is estimated that around 8 million species are home on planet earth . Given the vast amount of different life-forms and lifestyles, it is somehow evident that interesting facts pop up.
Please share this post with your family, friends and other beloved ones, if you have enjoyed it. You can use the share options below.
However, if you are looking for more amazing animal posts, check out the following ones: “40 Most Hilarious Animal Photobombs Ever!” and “15 Unusual Animal Friendships That Will Melt Your Heart“.
Which fact is the most interesting one? Is there a fact missing in your opinion? Leave a comment below! We will appreciate it…
1. When cats head butt you, they are showing trust to make you feel safe.
2. Dogs sneeze to show other dogs that they’re being playful, not aggressive.
3. Studies have shown that goats have accents. Also they look adorable in sweaters.
4. A “fluffle” is what you call a group of rabbits.
5. When flamingos are hanging out together they’re called a “flamboyance”.
6. Crows are actually super smart. They even play pranks on each other just for fun.
7. Dolphins know, and have names for each other. It certainly makes dolphin get togethers a lot easier.
8. Groups of fuzzy, lovable pugs are known as “grumbles.”
9. Thank your local squirrels for all those new trees. Hundreds of trees grow every year because of squirrels forgetting where they buried their nuts.
10. Elephant shrews are actually closely related to elephants.
11. Newborn pandas are no heavier than a cup of tea.
12. Oysters can change their sex. It just depends on which is more advantageous for mating.
13. Nose prints for dogs are like finger prints for humans. No two are exactly alike.
14. The chow is the only dog without a pink tongue.
15. The reason bats don’t walk, is because they can’t. Their leg bones are too thin.
16. Killer whales are actually a species of dolphin.
17. Fireflies are completely harmless. They don’t even carry diseases.
18. Male turtles grunt, and female turtles hiss. That’s how you can tell them apart.
19. A tuna can swim up to 40 miles in one day.
20. Goat’s milk has more calcium than cow’s milk.
21. Polar bears give off no detectable heat.
22. Chickens with red ear lobes lay brown eggs, and chickens with white ear lobes lay white eggs. Weird!
23. Federally certified search and rescue dogs cost about $10,000 to train. We couldn’t find a picture of one, so here’s the next best example of a dog coming to the rescue.
24. The country with the most dogs is the United States. France has the second most.
25. Bulls are colorblind, and can’t see the color red.
26. Frogs absorb water through their skin.
27. Instead of graying, giraffes fur darkens as they age.
28. A champagne cork is more likely to kill you than a deadly spider. That’s actually a load off my mind.
29. Adults bears can run as fast as horses.
30. Humming birds can fly backwards. They’re the only birds who can do this.
BONUS: Sea horses are the slowest fish in the sea. They swim at only 0.01 MPH.